Friday, May 29, 2009

Feeling unprepared

We are just over a week before leaving Texas, and for all the time we've known we would go I can't believe how NOT ready I am to head out. The to-do list is pages long, and the uncertainty of our destination has been a bit consuming (organize the move, or look at houses on the internet? tough choice don't you agree?). Now my little girls are out of school, my big kids are finishing up, and I see that our time here is nearly coming to a close.

So many things I had wanted to squeeze in before we left. But time and means are now very minimal, so the wants will have go, well, wanting. Still, I can give you a little list of places I wanted to haunt before our time was through. Maybe my Texas friends can visit them in my place, and think of me when they go;

1. One more trip to Canton, to really dig into the flea market finds
2. Another visit to Sammy's Bar-b-Que
3. An outing at Mia's for Lunch
4. Another slice of panini heaven
5. A visit to Northpark swanky Mall
6. a stroll down Knox Henderson-especially the other side of Central Expressway
7. A visit to Wisteria outlet and I also wish that Ivy Jane was having just one more sale!
8. A lunch date with Laura Asay (love you Laura, you very busy friend!)
9. Lunch with the girls here in my neighborhood-I'll miss you 5th ward homies!
10. a trip to the moda warehouse, I'd love to scour for fabrics one last time!
11. Snyder plaza
12. Lovers and Inwood
13. RoLLER CoASTers at 6 Flags; in my many years of Texas living, I've missed this and I can't believe I'm going to miss it again!

As you can see, most of these destinations involve shopping or eating. Neither of which will benefit my overall self right now. So they will stay here, on this list. And maybe if I get to come back to this spot for a visit or to run a race or something (Ragnar is in October, right?) then I'll get to enjoy one or two of these field trips and act like the tourist I'll be

because soon I will no longer be a local...Utah here we come.

5 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

Personally I think you should make those roller coasters a priority. :)

Anonymous said...

Is there a Ragnar in Texas? Lee is running it here in June. Where are you staying once you get here? Please keep in touch, we'd love you have your family over.

Blue said...

so where are you headed? haven't had an update (or did I miss one? i'll look back.)
can't wait for you to arrive! i have two texas sweethearts moving to my town in the next week. lucky me!!! ♥

Melanie Anne said...

Good luck with this move! I am a Utah girl myself (Highland) and love it here. So welcome to UTah! I am running the Wasatch Back (Ragnar here) in June. I am excited and a little nervous! The training is killing me--but the girls I am doing it with are awesome--so it should be fun!

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

Where is Sammy's? All this info I never got to pick your brain for! Scratch out #10.... I will see you in the am to get that one done. I know you have had a few things on your mind... but didn't you hear Ragnar here in in March now? Put it on that calander once it gets unpacked March 19&20.... and yes you are coming back.