Tuesday, December 07, 2010

This Year's Be-Decking

The outdoor bench. A 'G' brought home from New York is perfectly placed outside.


Jess looked through the garden shed and in our boxes of ornaments and found the perfect things to display outside for passers by to see

My favorite touch? The glitterfied pine cone wreath I found at the garden store, framed by a half price cedar wreath from the grocery store. Rest assured, the pine cones will come back year after year!


a cousin's ornament exchange scored a beautiful vintage ornament from my late Grandmother Hadfield. I placed it on the mantle, just a little red touch to all the apple green


Though our fireplace has such an awkward placement in our home (along the wall of the kitchen, with no space for a cozy sitting space), I do feel glad we can have a fire going in the kitchen, and I am pleased that a beautiful tribute to the Savior, whose birth we celebrate this season, finds a prominent place in our home year round...

My sister Jessica of DIG DESIGN designed our outdoor porch decor.
I absolutely LOVE it. It is full. It is festive. It has glitter and fresh greenery.
Would you love for Jess to design your outdoor decor for you? Go Here and she'll be glad to oblige (for a small hourly fee...worth every penny!)

For inside, we are still working there, but lets just say it is staying pretty simple. I am leaving several things in their boxes this year. Having fun tucking pine boughs all over the house. I fell in love with the apple green berries Jess used outside, and found some amazing ribbon of the same hue. It has founds its way into the red and white of my Swedish style Christmas tree and has even graced the multi colored tree the kids decorate 'for themselves' every year.

One of the good things of this season of the year? Enjoying some creativity.
Merry decorating!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE it all... if only your sis could come help my empty planters outside. On the other hand, her work has certainly put a damper on my lazy decision to throw some fake poinsettias out there and call it a day.

: )

Melissa said...

Love it all! Hey, I just got your Christmas card. Such a cute picture and so good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you lately. We are moving to Ohio and are mostly likely going to custom build a home. I remember talking to you once about how it would blow my mind to try to build a house and you said that you've lived enough places to know what you want now. DO SHARE! Any ideas that I just have to incorporate. I've been laying it all out already.