Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sisters

one thing I miss terribly about our life in Utah; my sisters. We enjoyed a rare gathering of all of us (sisters-in-law are considered sisters indeed to me) last Saturday with manicures, lunch, and a little second hand shopping (the best kind; photos of our finds to follow another time). Hearing about new houses (my sister and her talented husband are creating one from the little bungalow they've owned for some time and my other sister looks forward to watching her significant other -also very talented-build one of his own west of town somewhere) to new apartments (a sister in law and a sister are both in -or soon to be in- new ones) to stories about kids and schools (two of us are lamenting the emergence of teenage mentality in our households).

Thank you sisters for the time on Saturday. Thank you brothers for babysitting the kids so the sisters could spend time together. Thank you Bryn for being a trooper too, taking your little sisters while I was uplifted by mine.

How lucky I am that my sisters are also my friends.

4 comments:

John said...

Great photos. Slightly biased.

Jessica said...

Love you KT, can't tell you how much that time meant to me!!

PS - that is a good photo John, when was that taken?

Mindy said...

Sounds like so much fun! That is a great picture of Jess and Jenny. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun in Utah. One of these days our paths will cross and we will see each other, it's been a long time.

John said...

Gracie's luncheon, I believe.