Friday, June 26, 2009

Tack sa mycket




A little package came from Sweden the other day. These beautiful hand-crafted treasures were inside. Thank you Sissel! Seeing your artisan handwriting made me long to sit with you in your light-filled home, sipping on Saaft and looking at the beautiful scrapbooks you continue to create. I would love to walk with you into the woods and pick berries and mushrooms, and to put our feet into the water together and talk about life.

Yes, we really did pick berries and mushrooms in the woods when we lived in Sweden. It isn't a quaint exercise for tourists, it is a way of life in a culture that still believes that growing things in the earth, lingering by the sea and drinking in the sunlight are necessary to be content.

And Swedes have beautiful handwriting. As you see here, in these little love-proclaiming adornments which say "love" and "j heart k".

Thank you, Thank you Sissel. For sending me some of Sweden in that little thoughtful package.
Tack sa mycket

3 comments:

April said...

Very beautiful handwriting indeed. My thoughts keep turning to you, I'm so glad you have your sweetheart with you now to help and comfort you through your challenges and changes. All my love, my friend.

Sissel said...

You´re welcome, or as we say in Sweden "det var så lite så" (="it was so little", at least considering what you´ve done for me). Sorry but I haven´t made or painted the text. I bought it from a very clever woman in Dalarna. You´re right, lingering by the sea and drinking in the sunlight are necessities during the short summer in Sweden. I would love to sit by the sea with you. With a glas of "rabarbrasaft". Good luck with selling your old home and purchasing a new one.

Tami said...

Those are absolutely beautiful!