Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What We've Been Up To...





So, When was the last time I blogged? I'm not even sure. It's certainly been a while. Summer is busy!

Last week we celebrated "cousin camp". We've held this tradition for the past 7 years, since the month after Porter was born. The mothers of my nieces and nephews plan via email and telephone for months in advance (accept for this year!) and plan activity after activity for our kids to enjoy together. We create a yearly t-shirt, and the kids wear those on our outings. IN years past we've had excursions to Park City and St. George as well as up to Boise. This year we stuck close to home, and we shortened our week long camp to just a few days, deciding that weekly or bi-weekly excursions could take place through out the summer.

Our activities this year included a tour of Mrs. Field's Cookies (thank you former Mrs. Field's employee, John, for making those arrangements!) and a fun family filled rained scattered day at LAGOON. We also enjoyed down time at the park, and a fun lunch on my sister's roof-top deck. Weh hope to take in a tour of the local candy factory, visit the dollar movies, head to the downtown library (a favorite venu for my kids in Salt Lake!) and enjoy some mountain trail hikes before the summer's end. Whenever the cousins get together it is fun for us all. Thanks to my sisters for a great camp this year!

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a fun camp! I wanna go on the tour of the cookie factory...When I can I join your camp? :-)

Sissel said...

me too would like a tour in cookie land! i will meet some of my cousins in a few weeks. we share the same history so its always fun to meet. have a great summer!