Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Spruces Continued...

Please note; we didn't purchase a "wide angle" home. Instead, a charming rambler, more suited to detailed shots like the one above as opposed to "room shots" like those that follow...
The Library. My sister recommended her next door neighbor-a finish carpenter-to retrofit our library cupboard to fit our new lower ceilings. He did a smashing job. From the entrance to the room things look a little crowded, but I must say that after having spent many scripture study times in this room with our family already I love the cozy feeling of books and learning surrounding the children as they study-the room is located just off the front entrance and around the corner from the kitchen, easily situated for me to attend to the kids' studies as I work.
The Master Bedroom. Just quaint enough for our bed, nightstands, bureau and John's leather chair and ottoman-used for its adopted purpose of bunking children who are ill or of sad disposition in the middle of the night (Lucy took her turn there just last evening). I find that I miss the sunlight of our Texas house, but it is charming to view the garden from the shuttered picture window found bedside.
And John's office. Meant to be an upstairs bedroom, we have claimed this space for John's retreat. I love the shelving found to compliment John's streamlined modern desk. And notice the stack of games neatly placed? They are just the overflow from his collection-now housed in the full sized closet just out of the camera's view. Welcome home John!

Today I spent a few minutes teaching Porter how to fold towells in the den, the room that shares space with the kitchen. Molly and Lucy wanted to help, and Bryn joined in mating socks. Mason was eating (Mason is ALWAYS eating these days, when he is not talking) and Madi was tiptoeing through the freshly watered garden just outside the large sliding glass door. It felt like home to me, if only for those few minutes. Those minutes will happen more frequently and soon this place will be ours in feeling as much as finance.

more photos to come tomorrow. Hope you enjoy a peek at our new life in the Spruces.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Did I miss it...Where is the Spruces? All is beautiful, and I am thoroughly impressed at how well and quickly you make a house a home!

April said...

seriously missing you, all my best!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kristen. Are you ever going to tell us where this happy abode is? You've done a great job with the decor. It looks beautiful.

Tricia said...

Beautiful! What color is the paint on the walls?