Monday, November 09, 2009

Friday was terrific


John and I meet for a date, Salt Lake 2009
Because...

*I got to remember the sweet kindness of a friend, who sent me a note telling me she knew I was loved by the Lord. She had no idea that the very day she had sent me that note I had been on my knees pleading that I might feel the love and approval of my Father in Heaven. A tender mercy for me.

*I got to spend time with my dad. He helped me create a light fixture for our home. It was fun being with him-watching him use his talents. I appreciated that he respected my ideas, and that he helped me make them become reality. Thanks Daddy, you are fantastic.

*My kids played with their friends. The house was full of children, it was clean before they came and I was relaxed and enjoyed the noises and messes they made. What a gift to have a house full.

* Sometimes when he travels, John quietly meets me by the trampoline before the children know he is home. If he is discovered, I have to compete with 6 other bodies and one dog for his attention and affection, so ours is a secret meeting-a tender hello after his absence. Its like the balm of Gilead for me. I'm like a giddy teenager, butterflies dancing as I tiptoe out the door unnoticed and fly into his arms to hear that he missed me and that he's glad to be home with me again.

*Board games galore on Friday night. I watched movies and cuddled with my little ones while John lit up the Power Grid and saved the Kingdom with Cities and Knights. I felt so happy to hear him laugh and spurt rules left and right. It's a new tradition; First Friday night of the month is game night from now on.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

What a beautiful couple you are! You look simply gorgeous, Katie. Really! Love the first Friday of the month game night...great idea!

Sissel said...

are you sure the two of you don't participate in america's next top model?

Jessica said...

Um, TMI on that second to last one. :)