Monday, January 04, 2010

The New Year Started Right


john even came looking for me to get a midnight kiss.
Welcome to a new decade!



We've relaxed. We've slept late. We've eaten chocolate, and soup, and pulled pork sandwiches. We've skiied. We've gifted. We've received.

Now children are in school and John is out of town. I am realizing that I did, in fact, get a spare tire for Christmas (the kind that sits around your middle. The kind I've been getting rid of for the last two months. I brought it back in less than two weeks. Not a welcome guest).

I'm feeling resolute and a little blue all at once. Ready to take on the world and also wanting one more morning to sleep in.

But I'm back on the blog, so I guess that means we are back to routine. Hope your holidays were merry and bright! See you here tomorrow, and throughout 2010.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I got one of those for Christmas, too! I certainly didn't ASK for it, but sure enough, it just showed up! Do I have to write a thank you note??

I've begun the quest (that I, too, just thought I'd almost completed just before Thanksgiving) ! Good luck with yours!