Tuesday, May 25, 2010

maybe I am addicted...


This photo has nothing to do with this post. But John has traveled more in the month of May than he has any month of this year, and I miss him. Lots.

So I haven't actually NOT used the computer since I told Porter I'd be happy to go a week without. I spent an entire day just printing the pages for the kids' summer journals, then another day re-formatting and printing the pages for Porter's baptism book (pics of both of these to come when they are assembled!). Then I had to spend another day creating and printing flyers for the 6th Grade promotion party, Porter's birthday late-night and the summer chore list. Email checks and replies for those emails which could not be responded to with my pointer fingers on my iphone. Also looked up and printed copies of some of these for the kids' summer quiet minutes.

So, aside from not blogging, I've used the computer mostly as I usually do.
I even went online to check out the sale items at REI this week.

Maybe Porter's right. Maybe I am addicted... I guess the last week of school and the first week of summer are not time to really find out.

I'll have to curb the addiction come summer vacation!

4 comments:

Amanda P. said...

What do you put in the Summer Journals? Is it just blank pages for the kids to write, or do you have activities? I love this idea and just thought I'd see what you include in the binders.

Katie said...

I'll post a full photo shoot of the summer journals. They are a whole "summer program" with reading lists and writing prompts for journal entries. We set summer goals and the kids keep track of those goals in their journals. Its kind of a huge thing to put together, but I really like them having a tradition for summer like this. thanks for stopping by!

tracyb said...

Hi! I just had to jump in and say that I am so excited to see your summer journals and maybe steal some ideas for my 6! I remember your mention of them last year. I love your blog--I come here when I need to be inspired. I found you when you were on NieNie. Enjoy summer!! Thank you.

Betsy said...

I like to think that the computer is a tool, not an addiction. I think that surfing the web, and reading blogs can be addictive. But the computer is a tool to use and make us better mothers, daughters, sisters, friends. Just like the washing machine, the car, and the phone.

It is good to go for a bit of time without the timewaster aspects of computers every so often.

You are awesome Katie.