Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My personal back to school wish list...



New shirt dress; I love that the leave-it-to-beaver mom dress is back! Couple it with my strings of pearls and I could so be June C. herself. Now, if I could just learn to vacuum without my apron on

We've done a lot of school shopping for the kids this year, especially for Mason. Its hard with the catalogs coming and the eye candy in shop windows not to wish for a little wardrobe update for myself too...its just a WISH list. No money in the clothing budget means no new clothes for the mom this year!


my favorite chinos of all time; right length, good fit through the waist and hips; were ruined last year by our son who did a load of laundry without checking pockets for incidentals like INK filled pens...OH to have the perfect fitting chinos, it would make dressing so much more enjoyable for me! Always too big in the waist to be able to fit the hips-and FOREVER TOO LONG..yes, new chinos would be a top priority for this lady's back to school shopping


perfect skirt. Emphasizes the waist, gives length so as not to reveal too much thigh. Great with tennis shoes or pumps. Perfect with a t-shirt in September or a turtleneck in November. Could be belted, or worn with blazer or cardi. Would look awesome with my sorel's this snowy winter


do you see the PUFF SLEEVES! Oh, Ann of Green Gables and I are suckers for PUFFS. So feminine! puts the shape back into the figure when the shoulders are made more broad so the waist can seem more slender...


I would wear a blazer every day to work if I had a job where I "dressed for work". I LOVE jackets, and these little petite school boy blazers are the perfect proportions for my short waisted body


classic, with a pointed toe instead of squared. So beautiful. Perfect ending to a great wardrobe update.


do you see the trends to longer skirt lengths, and almost 'school uniform' looks? I love it. Plaids and tweeds are also SO BACK. Finally, clothes like the ones Gidget wore are cool again for us! I think the pricetag on the above items are almost the size of my mortgage payment but hey...

A girl can wish, can't she?

p.s. skirt by emmersonmade. All else, J.Crew. Other sites had better choices, but they wouldn't let me use their images for all the '360 degree' viewing options...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

A. Been loving to see you update so often. Love hearing about how you have been feeling like I - that I just need to focus on what matters most, and loved hearing about Lucy starting school (I cried too).
B. Really fun to read this post and see a more "playful" side of KT that I know, but isn't here too often.
C. Love you more then words can express.