Friday, March 09, 2012

Bringing on the Happy


These little giraffes have been popping up all over our house lately. They make me happy, with all the detail and the careful cutting of the tiny tails and long skinny legs. Molly and Lucy are equally responsible for the long necked one dimensional wonders. I usually find a new giraffe lying on our studio table or on the girls' art table down stairs. Sometimes they appear on my pillow at night, because the girls know that I giggle and gawk over their sweet creations.

These giraffes are like snowflakes; no two alike. And also like snowflakes, their beauty and the fascination surrounding them will melt away quickly for my daughters. In days these mammals will be forgotten and new artistic creations appear instead; maybe fairies or puppies or flower gardens will be the next constructed creation, and giraffes will be history.

But for now, they bring me happiness, reminding me my girls are still little and full of creativity and imagination.

No comments: