Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dreams do come true!



Installed. Still a few bugs to work out, but overall a job well done. A noticeable sigh from my handsome prince as the check was written for the balance. And then he pointed out all the flaws-which is good-so i can get them situated and sorted out.

But overall, I'm totally happy. In honor of the dutch door I wore my frilly apron all day long. Nothing says mothering like an apron and a dutch door...baked chocolate chip cookies too.

Feel free to come to the door any time you are in the neighborhood. You can holler at me through the open window to see if I can chat. My kids can run to ask if they can come in from weeding the garden. I can ring the dinner bell, elbow perched comfortably on the doors little ledge...

Happiness in these details.

We haven't even begun to address the library shelves. More to come on that indulgence later!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Hooray Katie! Did Mr. Rick do all this? Can't wait to stop by for some cookies...!

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!

amanda jane said...

wahoo! so happy for you to have them installed and in use, enjoy!

Gayle said...

I am so happy for you. I hope you will enjoy looking and using these for years to come.