Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Madi

This little light in our family has had quite an exciting few weeks. We enjoyed hearing from her during the 3rd grade music program where she not only charmed us with her crystal clear every dilectible voice, but she also delivered her speaking part with fantastic diction and perfect inflection. Next day, we got a packet of information regarding the LEAP program (advanced learning) that Madi has just been tested into, smarty-pants that she is. And she raced out the door this morning to make it to her choir practice-she had to audition and of course, she made it.

Such a bright light, such a quick wit, such a sweet smile, such an able mind, such a tender spirit...

we recently enjoyed girls night out and I asked Madi what she would "keep" in the way of lessons learned during her first term of school. Her reply, "It is really really really important to always be honest." Math, reading, history and science all took a back seat to a value that will serve her well, and she recognized that honesty was the keeper lesson for the term; I love that maturity about her.

love you my Madi-long-legs. So happy you are a Graham

3 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

I love Madi too!! GIve her a huge hug from me I am so impressed!

Gayle said...

Great to hear about and see Madison. How I wish I could have been at the program to hear her. Miss you so much...

Jessica said...

To top it all off, I am not sure there is anyone that can make me laugh like her. What a gem.