Monday, October 13, 2008

A small love letter from John

Dear Katie,
Though I've been away on business in Europe, I wanted to leave a few little reminders that you are the center of my universe. Like labeling all the spice jars so when you open the drawer on the 4th night of my long absence you'll see my handwriting and begin to cry. Or keeping my favorite shorts draped over the bench in our bedroom so you'll consider that soon I'll walk in the door and change from my blue power suit to my favorite cargos, fringed hems and all. Or, finally, I"ll leave my old t-shirt (the one I've worn to every birth or "gotcha day" for every child we parent together) under your pillow, with a little note reminding you that one of my old t-shirts is the perfect sleeping attire.

I love you, and these are some ways I show it.

devotedly,
John.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, I wish Judd could organize like that, or even recognize how much it means to me! IMPRESSIVE!

John said...

Judd's better at removing labels than I am...