Friday, December 05, 2008

An apology on the scattered posts

A friend who frequents this corner reminded me that posts have not been consistent lately. 'Tis true! The pace of the holiday season has hit, and spending 15 or 30 minutes in front of blogger.com has, on some days, had to go. Hopefully the next week will see the end of Christmas shopping (thank you to John for all the online purchases taken care of from his laptop wherever he is in the world...)and this weekend will be the last of the holiday decorating (I've had, no joke, 10 feet of cedar garland in a heap on my entry way rug for a week-just got it tied to the stair rail last night. Still have a wreath to hang, a tree to fix and another to fully decorate---doyathink I can get that done tonight while Mason's entertains 5 other 13 year olds and the little kids watch disney tv in the guestroom? Here's hopin')

One of the "important" projects of the season?



give those stockings a count...they are 2 shy of the number of family members in our household. Molly and Lucy have been without stockings since they respectively arrived in our family-something that sorrowfully needs to be remedied before the man in the red suit comes down the chimney this year. These stockings were hand made, by me, in a different era of my life. I hope to put this project to bed once and for all, with the addition of 2 other designs in the mix (Molly has a gingerbread man and Lucy gets a plethora of Santa hats...). Wish me luck. Its the only craft project I'll tackle this season.

Accept for John's gift. I can't let the holiday go by without making something for him; perhaps this year I'll make the bed, or make up a reason to sneak around back and steel a kiss, or make a batch of his favorite sweet rolls...those may be the extent of my time and creativity this holiday, we'll see!

How busy are you? Leave a note and let me know. Better yet, leave a comment and let me know how you are making yourself NOT AS BUSY. I could use the advice.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I have to admit I'm making myself less busy this holiday season by HIRING a seamstress on eBay to hand-make the colonial dresses I didn't want to attempt for the girls this year (and she's making matching dresses for their dolls, which is more than I would have dreamed of). I probably paid a bit more than that fabric might have cost me, but OH SO WORTH IT in terms of my stress level and enjoyment of the holiday season!

Good luck!!

amanda jane said...

can I hire that seamstress to make the quilts I decided would be my gift to my daughters? ans since I just got a lecture from my husband about how unorganized I am I doubt that I will save myself any stress at all. but here is wishing, and hoping yours goies alittle more smoothly.

Sharon said...

Although my tree and other decorations are done, the boxes are still hanging out in the decorated family room and the bin full of garland has been waiting in the entry way -- welcome to my home -- for days and days. It WILL be hung and put away today. Science fair Schmience fair, right? : ) Sharon

Liz said...

Funny you say that, I just finished my last to stockings this week for Jacob and Kathryn, luckily none of the stockings actually have names on them, so the night that man in the suit would come Thom's and my stockings would magically be filled with Jacob's and Kathryn's things. But this year we will all have our stocking filled...I think, I better check with Thom to make sure mine gets filled. Tis the season!

Liz said...

I really do know how to spell...two not to

Gayle said...

If anyone can get all that stuff done you can Katie. Hope you enjoy the journy as well as the destination. Love you.

Blue said...

i admit, about now there's a part of me that wishes that all the adults in my life would agree to not exchange gifts. i love creating the magic of christmas for the kids, but trying to think of things to give all the grownups, and the thought of them giving me stuff (i have only one very frivolous want, and no needs whatsoever) just adds an undo amount of stress at a time when all i crave is peace.

does that make me a scrooge?

Tricia said...

I reached my limit for decorating after two Christmas trees were decorated, some nutcrackers were set out, and the stockings were hung. The many garlands and wreaths (with lights), village, and lights on the outside trees, were all Tom's doing. He actually likes to do it! I know. I'm spoiled!!
'Love your blog, Katie. You're so fun to read!