Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Big Announcement




After debate, prayer, thought, sweat and plenty of tears, we've decided we just can't get enough of this in Texas (no, not the wedge-y grabbing, the playing with cousins:)


so we are moving

again

back home

where cousins, sisters, parents and brothers await our arrival.

It has been a hard decision. A surprise opportunity for John (we had NO intention of leaving Texas before Mason left for his missionary service about 5 years from now; Surprise!!!)

Our wonderful Texas house will become the home of another family. Sign goes up the day John reports for work in his new Utah office...January 5

Kids and me? We'll linger while the house sells, then make our way to a new home.

Don't know for sure where the new home will be. The Salt Lake area is full of possibilities. But rest assured, wherever we land

you'll be very welcome.

Merry Christmas cousins! Here come the Grahams!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

I HOPE YOU SETTLE IN THE SALT LAKE VALLEY!!! I MISS YOU GUYS!!! That is such awesome news. I hope you find a perfect new home and sell your old one quickly!!!

amanda jane said...

Perfect. very merry to me! and mine. that includes you too! gush.

girlsmama said...

There's no place like home! I make mine in Utah Valley. And I love it.

Liz said...

Hooray! We will be happy to show you some homes out here in Draper! So glad you'll be back!

Blue said...

Doesn't get much better than East Mill Creek/Olympus Hills. Holladay is nice too (as you know). But East Mill Creek just Can't Be Beat! ;-)

You'd love it here. But no matter what I'm so excited. And Bonnie was squealing with delight when she found out.

Merry Christmas and expeditious transitions to you!

Elder Ostergar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

We're certainly going to miss you, Grahams! Hope you find a perfect home in the cold, snowy valley, and that yours in TX sells quickly!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's great for your family. It will be great for you to be near your family.

And I will love seeing what fabulous things you do to give your new house your beautiful signature style.

Kristen said...

I never thought I would leave SLC - but I am loving our home in Traverse Mountain in Utah Valley. Actually very close to I-15 and I can get to SLC/ Holladay in 20 minutes, and I LOVE Alpine School District. Homes are new, roomier, and right now a VERY good deal. Good luck on the sell of your home and another move. John, and you, are welcome to come for a visit and we will show you our community.