Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love Note long overdue


Dear John,
It's been too too long since I publicly proclaimed my adoration for you. With you gone this week, and having so recently celebrated a wedding, my tender love for you is so "at the surface". Over the last many many months I have longed to have your companionship as you've been here and I've been in Texas-and in the recent weeks we've been around one another I've taken you much for granted.

I'm so sorry for that.

I love you so much, and need you even more, especially in these coming weeks as we face continued lack of closure in Texas and faithfully press forward to lay down roots in Utah. I dread the next two weeks of packing up a life and then unpacking it again in a new set of walls with new challenges in organization and general housekeeping. My nature encourages me to hide in the corner of the guest room where we live, curled up in a ball under the clutter of the belongings we have with us. I am inclined to "run away" from the responsibility to establish a "house of order" once again, in a new place, at this time in our life together.

I wish we could escape it-but with you I will stand and face it.

Thank you for cheerleading me these past few days. Your encouragement is like verbal energy. I crave your approval and long for you to be pleased with me. I am so glad you chose me so many years ago (no, not twenty years ago dear, only nearly 16...) and I am blessed beyond belief that the Lord paired me with you (I begged Him to let me have you, did you know that? )

I eagerly await your return, and anticipate the day when you will return home to OUR home. And we will cuddle in our own bed and chat about the mundane things of the day like weeding in the garden or volunteering in the classroom. Some day soon the stress of home appraisals gone bad and lack of interest in the Texas Manor house will be conversations of the past; soccer games on the weekend and Teacher's quorum acitvities on Tuesdays the boring, beautiful, delicious exchange of words before bed.

I love you so desperately,
Katie

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You are the nicest wife. I should follow your example!

John said...

She really is, and so should I.