Monday, December 07, 2009

New York Was a Blast...


with rain and snow waiting at the top, we skipped the trip up at the Empire State Building, but standing at the top of the Rockefeller late at night was a memory I will keep
close to my heart for a long time to come

You cannot see it all in one long weekend. We had a great time. I walked the city alone on Friday and enjoyed the shops and atmosphere of the upper east and west side. Walking in Central park on a beautiful balmy day was something I will always remember.

John and I were hit with awful rain and frigid cold. It made our time together less "productive" but no less memorable. Eating out with John-my foodie lover-and discussing textures and flavors with him was my favorite (he was so excited to make the reservation). I also loved being alone with him at the "top of the Rock". No one wanted to go up because the weather was so bad, but we did. And I'm happy to say I've seen New York late on a snowy winter's night from high above the ground with my sweetheart holding me tight.

Come back this week to see more pics of NYC, the advent buckets and how the Spruces looks be-decked with holly bright and springs of mistletoe!

2 comments:

LB said...

Sounds great to me! We're headed there the end of January - let's get together sometime before then ok?!

Anonymous said...

The loved the "Rock". Such a better experience than the Empire State Building.