Friday, April 02, 2010

We are in the Windy City...

John, Brynley and I are in Chicago through the weekend. Enjoying Brynley's birthplace by eating hot dogs, wandering through museums and shops and giggling and laughing with Bryn. I'm going to try and convince them today to take a "Segway Tour" just so I can see John leaning forward on one of those machines wearing a neon green bike helmet speeding down the sidewalks of the friendliest big city in the world. Or maybe I'll get Brynley to rent a bicycle with me, and we'll ride down the coast (something I never did when we lived here) of Lake Michigan and look out at the water that seems to go on forever.

For sure we'll eat Giardarno's Pizza for dinner. And we've already had Garrett's popcorn. So you can see its shaping up to be a great trip.

I'll be back on Tuesday with awesome pictures of the city and our oldest daughter in it. Travel with your kids. Even if its only to a town an hour away. Take you all out of your element. Enjoy them.

that's what we are doing this Spring Break. Enjoying Brynley (and Chicago too).

p.s. Thanks to ALL who are helping our kids at home feel happy and distracted instead of dejected and left out. They'll all get their turns, but for now we thank you-Jessa and Grandma and Mandy and Bryn and Dean-for all you are doing to keep the crew happy and safe at home.

1 comment:

The Yosts said...

GIordonos! I'm jealous!