Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Windy City ReCap


Aside from seeing "The Blue Man Group" Bryn's favorite memory of Chicago was going to the bookstore. Two new books were purchased, one of the consumed that very night


The Museums in Chicago are World Class. Science and Industry, Field Museum and the Shed Aquarium were the three we consumed during our stay. We learned about ocean life, dinosaurs, Ancient Egypt, the World's most precious gem stones, Ocean Waves, sleep and the wonder of our human bodies. Pretty amazing. I'm pretty sure I spent more hours in museums this trip than I had ever spent when we lived in the Windy City. Of course, back then I was the working mother of two very small children, not so much time to be a tourist in those days...


This could be me learning about how many calories I should eat in a day at the Museum of Science and Industry, or it could be me trying to decide what to have on my Chicago hot dog. Or it could be me trying to choose which of the many upscale stores to walk through on Michigan Avenue. Or it could be me trying to figure out why Brynley's only desire on our last night in the bustling town is to go back to the hotel and devour a new book...you decide!


Giodarno's Pizza with our long time dear old friends Gabe and Judson Brooks (and family!) was definitely a high light of our visit. They fit us inbetween a spring break trip to Florida and a quick road Trip to Indiana to sit and chat and let us enjoy their company. We love you Gabe and Jud! And your children are incredible and darling!


John got home and logged in his podometer, and was amazed at just how much we walked over the course of our trip. CTA (mass transit) works great in Chicagotown, but we did our best to stay above ground and enjoy the bustling of the city.

Tomorrow you get to see what the rest of the Graham's were up to while we were away. It was great to be alone with our oldest daughter. We learned so much about her, the way she doesn't want to be the center of attention. The way sitting and reading is as much of a pleasure as shopping and eating out. The way she says thoughtful things when she prays. The way she giggles and sings and dances as she walks. The way she takes pictures of the world around her. The way that she is growing up.

3 comments:

Tami said...

What a fun trip! What great parents you are! I bet she will treasure this trip forever! What a blessing to get to go. What did you think of Blue Man Group? Drew is debating between Blue man group, stomp, phantom, and jersey boys while we are in New York. We are seeing Wicked again, for me. :-) I love hearing about your great family!

Carin Davis said...

How nice to travel with one child at a time. I am sure it is a trip that either of you will ever forget!

Danny and I will be visiting Chicago later this year. I would love a few suggestions of things to see before we go!

Katie said...

I'm salivating when you mention Giordano's. One of our favorite family memories was meeting up with many LDS families on Monday nights at Giordano's for half price pizza night. What a great weekend for you to take Bryn too. I love the Blue Man Group too!!