Thursday, August 05, 2010

How Have You Been?


All of My parents posterity pose in front of Temple Doors, Newport Beach CA


AMAZING Noah's ark exhibit, L.A.
all animals made from recycled materials; piano keyboard for the the Zebra's main, Attic fans for the Zebra's hips



My FAVORITE day on vacation; Rented cruiser bikes take us to Balboa Island


Losing all my strength, Disney on my Birthday!


Treasures found at Low Tide, Corona Del Mar Beach

Being on vacation was relaxing, rejuvinating and just plain fun. We spent a few days with all my siblings and parents. We celebrated my birthday "magically" at Disneyland. We tried our hand at being beach bums and we ate ourselves into a bigger belt size. I thought a lot about how I wanted to come home with a more peaceful and cheerful heart. I made some personal promises. I looked inside myself as I ran and ran and ran along the beautiful beach (sea level means you can run and run and run and run and not get quite as tired or feel quite as oxygen deprived as you do when you run near the Spruces).

Now we are home. Coming home from vacation is always a little hard for me; like having a hangover or something. I move slow as we unpack. I move slow as I go through mail, pay bills, answer phone messages and schedule our family's life for the coming week. But the pace is beginning to speed up again, and I am content with the things ahead.

Next up; A Peek at the repaired and updated basement. Back to School shopping traditions with the kids. A weekend in Park City. And the dreaded Triathlon. I'll also show you the pictures I sent to enter a magazine contest. Total wishful thinking, but a fun afternoon spent enjoying the better parts of the Spruces.

I'm hoping to be more consistent as we move from summer into school daze. Can it only be 3 weeks until the first tardy bell rings? Sigh, thank goodness for summer vacations!

2 comments:

Elder Ostergar said...

I dream of running and not being tired...just going and going and going. That is what the Celestial Kingdom is like in my mind. That and being there with friends and family like you! Love you friend.

Tricia said...

Looks like a fun, fun vacation! Happy birthday to you!