Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Gift to Me Last Friday


Laura, Allison, Andrea and Stephanie sit around my table. There is nothing I like more than having good people around my table. So that made this meal something I liked very much.

I was recently invited to be part of a recipe exchange. Once each month a few of us gather, each having brought something to contribute to a meal centered around a theme. We eat together, we talk. We enjoy one another. And we trade recipes and divide up the leftovers.

I'm flattered to have been invited.

But not because I'm thankful to be recognized as some kind of chef, whose cooking is worthy of boasting about. I'm a decent cook, and a better baker, but that is not why I am flattered.

I feel humbled and honored to be near such great women. To listen and learn from them. And to be listened to by them, when we sit around the table and share.

Thank you friends, for being friends to me. For allowing me to speak. For listening and for teaching me when you share your thoughts and ideas.

And thanks for the recipes too!

No comments: