Thursday, October 14, 2010

If you ever come to Salt Lake City...


A "cone of frites" is enough for several to share...


the waffles are to die for, try them with fruit and whipped creme fraishe

I was recently asked by a magazine to be interviewed concerning awesome things to do in 'my' city. If that interview ever is published I will tell you more about why I was chosen and what that was like...but anyway...

I thought it was a great excuse to explore my city a little bit more. I grew up here, but this place has changed so intensely since my childhood (and then my experiences were so limited geographically). Salt Lake has become more "sophisticated" in so many ways-and some would say its arguable as to whether or not that is really a good thing-

my side of that argument would be that, it is. A good thing.

So I thought I'd share with you every once in a while something I think you should try should you be in my general neck of the woods.

Across the street from Pioneer park, at 336 West Broadway, there is a tiny little waffle shop; Bruges Waffles and Frites. The guy who owns and runs it is - you guessed it- from Bruges. The waffles are fantastic, but be sure to eat them warm. Especially good with the whipped Creme Fraishe and any kind of fruit. And the fries; top notch. Lucy loved them. I loved the dill mayo sauce they came with. Great for an afternoon shopping snack or a treat after a basketball game or time spent at the Farmer's market across the street in the park.

Try them. You'll like them

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Any Dr. Evil sightings?
"This is for my homies in Bruges"

Tami said...

Sounds yummy! How is Molly doing?

Anonymous said...

Man I'm glad it is you and not me. All I could do is tell them how much I love Costco and how many loads of laundry I do a week.

Elder Ostergar said...

Dave was in Bruges on his mission for several months and said he ate one of those waffles once a day at least. He gained 20 pounds in that city. He said that little waffle shop it the the real deal. He has never found anything else that make them just like they do in Bruges. I love you Katie!