Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed


c


Last Week we celebrated Mason. He received his Eagle Scout award at a Court of Honor. John was in charge. He did a great job (accept for the part where he insinuated that I complain when he goes camping-I don't complain. He just wanted to be funny, and it didn't work out for him...)

Mason has made us proud to have accomplished this task. It was hard knocks to get it done, but its done.

And He did it, mostly himself.

I cried, I felt proud. I felt old. I felt hopeful that this is one of many accomplishments ahead that will grow Mason into a good man.

Congratulations Mason. The Eagle has landed, and now you sit in the Eagle's nest.

2 comments:

John said...

Like most of my jokes, they don't quite land like an Eagle.

Jenny and Josh said...

And thanks to his dad I think he realizes that his eagle is not the end...it is just the begining!!