Friday, August 03, 2007

I Was TAGGED...

I was Tagged!!! Can’t believe I am that popular. Here goes:

Jobs I’ve had: seriously this is just a sampling since I carried an income earning job from the time I was 10 until the time I was 25.
1-newspaper carrier. Very proud of this as it taught me hard work and how to rise early…
2-bakery sales clerk. Summer before my junior year of pep club. Had to have the pep club skirt made one size LARGER. Bad job
3-personal shopper/sales associate, ZCMI department store. This helped me have some fashion sense back in 1990. Too bad I haven’t updated that fashion since to reflect today’s cool urban chique…
4-Pre school teacher to Autistic children. Once in a lifetime chance to see little souls try to brake free of broken bodies
5-Event Planner for the United Nation’s International Year of the Family conference of Family friendly Cities. This is my only true “career” stint, and it lasted about 18 months if you count the follow up work I did in Winnipeg Canada. Only real claim to have had a “real job”.
6-event planner for University of Chicago Hospital’s transplant department. This has caused me to have a strong underlying desire to be a wedding planner/event planner. Loved spending other people’s money and learning how to save a buck or two by arranging my own flowers (never looked as awesome as Jess and Jody’s work, that’s for sure!)
7-my current and most meaningful profession; mom to 6 fantastic kids.

Movies I can watch over and over again; this is hard because I don’t have time to watch movies once, let alone more than once, but here goes;
1-Princess Bride
2-Chariots of Fire
Lets mix it up and go with this; movies I can not bear to see ever again;
1-THE FOX AND THE HOUND

Guilty pleasures;
1-shopping for anyone, myself, my kids or my husband. Even got a kick out of shopping for dog toys and fluffy puppy beds. I have an issue and I’ve been working on it for years
2-jelly belly brand bridge mix. My mom’s fault entirely-it is comfort food when I need to feel like I’ve been a good girl (think JC Penny candy counter siblings…)
3-sleeping au natural (never do this by the way. The guilt in the pleasure is just too, well, guilty)

Places I have lived:
1-Salt Lake City/Holladay Utah
2-Chicago Ill
3-Dallas TX
4-Stockholm Sweden
5-Boise ID
Soon to add Johannesburg South Africa (wow)

Shows I enjoy:
1-used to like the office until the tables turned and Pam had the hots for Jim. I love it when a guy is unabashedly head over heels for a girl…
2-Arrested Development (this should be listed in the guilty pleasures, because it is not a show I could watch in the presence of any of my clergy)

Those are literally all the shows I have seen save Disney’s Hannah Montana/that’s so Raven in the last 12 months

What were the things I thought of when I first saw my husband?
1-first time I saw him;
Holy cow he is beautiful but he must be too young for me. Dang I don’t want to write to another missionary…
2-Second time I saw him;
Why does this cute boy not leave me alone, can’t he see I’m old enough to be his grandmother?
3-Third time I saw him;
WHAT!!! He is a year OLDER than I? Let me at him (in a discreet, come hither sort of way)
4-Fourth time I saw him;
Can’t believe he is so suavely dancing with another girl. How on earth am I going to get a shot with that guy…

Places I have been on Vacation (love this one, I could go on for pages)
1-Kuai Hawaii
2-Park City Utah (a favorite vacation spot from my youth)
3-Rome Italy
4-Paris France
5-Seattle Washington
6-the Fjords, Norway
7-Munich Germany
8-Saltzberg Austria
9-San Jose, Costa Rica
10-the Oregon Coast

Favorite foods:
1-John’s blueberry pie
2- John’s creamy tomato soup
3-John’s amazing crab cakes
4-Chewy baked items like the perfect chocolate chip cookie or an amazing brownie. Preferably made by John
And delivered with a guilt releasing kiss to my mouth

Websites I visit daily;
1-my email
2-persimmonandpink.com (go Vietnam adoptions)
3-Cathyzielske.typepad.com
4-stacyjulian.typepad.com
5-try to catch up with my sisters, but like me they are a little less diligent about daily posts

Body parts I have injured:
1-the old elbow injury (pushing dead cars, ice skating, log rolling…bad injury)
2-My right big toe
3-severely sprained right ankle doing really amazing things like stepping off the curb with my newborn baby and walking on a flat surface in the middle of a hike on Kuai…I’m so full of grace and agility aren’t I dear?

Nicknames I have had;
Kind of a hard one
1-princess
2-Kates
3-kt

TAG, You are it:
Julia wright
Bonnie Wright (you can skip the part about meeting your husband, and you can also list chores you do instead of jobs you’ve had)
John Graham (yes, you better get your blog going now that you are globe trotting again.)
Susan, if you ever read my blog to see you’ve been tagged!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

John said...

I'm not even sure what tagged is, but I'll give it a shot.

Tyler said...

You forgot Broken Colar bone when you fell of a horse !

Blue said...

Bonnie just came in and saw me reading your blog and said "Did she do another post?" I told her you'd done a few...then I got to the end and saw you'd tagged us and explained to her what it meant. She's excited to read yours and do the Meme on her blog. :-)

I'll commit right now to it being the first post on my new blog. How's that?! ♥