Monday, April 28, 2008

Retro cool in my Texas kitchen



Thank you, David at Southlake DWR, for letting me browse your studio with two little girls climbing all over your fine modern furniture. You assured me that these so totally cool stools would indeed look great in our suburban Texas home. And you were right. Thank you, John, for letting the "its on sale" truth lead to the purchase of the awesome functional seating now tucked perfectly under the tall counter space. And for being happy for me that we could add them to our furniture inventory here in the new house. Oh, and thank you, Sherwin Williams guy, for assuring me that if I let the paint dry at least 5 hours before I cried "wrong color" that I really would like the idea of red in my kitchen.

Making a house a home can be sometimes be so fun!

6 comments:

amanda jane said...

nice, nice and nice. love the red wall. and the stools. so totally jealous you get to make your house and home and I get to pack mine up. stages stages. still anticipating seeing that cool dutch door and library shelving installed!

amanda jane said...

that should be your house A home. still envious though.

The Yosts said...

Hi Katie- found your blog through Lindsay. Love the stools and the color red. Red was the very first color I painted and in my kitchen nook. You'll love having it!

Betsy said...

I've adored those stools and the chairs from the same line for years. One day we'll get to the furniture collecting. And I think that every house should have a red wall. I've painted one in each house I've owned and have never regretted it. You have great taste! and a beautiful home!

Gayle said...

I have looked all over for a stool like this for about 5 years now! Of course I never go into trendy design places, just office places...but there it is! Just want one to fit under our sales counter at the shop...I'll call you about the price! Love the red...is the photo color accurate? What color is it in the SW line...I'll never buy SW paint again as long as I live because of all the trouble I have had with it..and now all the Sw is covered up by other, more reputable brands...But I'll go get a color swatch and have it mixed by our paint guy. It looks great! How do the little girls on the tall stools? I bet Mas and Bryn and Madi are there all the time.

Bonnie said...

I love that red wall! Once our neighbors painted their house red and green and they were such rich, beautiful colors and I've always loved red walls from then on.