Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Today's work



There is a song we sing at church that goes a bit like this:

Today, today, work with a will;
Today, today, your duties fulfill.
Today, today, work while you m ay;
Prepare for tomorrow by working today.

Today's work includes transforming the mess you see above into a working haven of a studio for me. This room is pretty much the final "unpacking" frontier. We've emptied every box but one, and that one is in the room you see (these pics were taken a couple of weeks ago). So to have some fun I'm going to do this;

you see the pictures above, and about every hour or so I'm gonna take a new pic of this project of a room and post it. A sort of visual memoir of the day's labor. I missed out on the chance to take a picture of my last hour's work; which was trying to get some exercise with my girls in the jog stroller while the wind blew 50 miles per hour, then stopping my exercise to run some dry clothes to our Madi who slipped in the mud (and there is alot of mud today!) on her way to school. While she changed at school in her clean clothes I remarked how well/bravely she had handled the situation (she was pretty covered in mud). She smiled at me and said "mud never killed anyone, mom". That was my last hours' work

so check in a few times today, lets see what each hour brings in the way of work. And post your hour by hour work on your own blogs too. I think we might be surprised at how much we get done in a day if we take the time to notice. Or, maybe in my case, we might get more done in a day when we know we have to show off our efforts ;0)

work for today!

4 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

I am so proud or Madi!! what a great attitude to have!! Give her a hug and tell her Aunt Jenny thinks she is awesome!

Jessica said...

That sounds like our Madi! Love that girl!

This is such a great idea KT, I have loved the other two posts. Great way to stay motivated, now that you know we are watching. :)

Maybe I will take you advice and show you guys my messy desk, and you can watch as it gets cleaned up, but I am not sure I am up for cleaning it up right now. :(

John said...

I type too slowly for this idea. I'd take 57 minutes of every 60 taking the picture, downloading it to the computer, uploading it to Blogger and then thinking of something to say about it. Then 3 minutes later I'd take another picture...

Gayle said...

Alex and I have started at this post and will follow you to the completion! We are excited to see the final post and we are so excited to come to Dallas/ Flower Mound/ and see you and your lovely home! Mom