Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Becoming undone...


I sent Molly to the wrong school on the wrong day with her "thanksgiving feast" contribution that was due, not today, but tomorrow....

I sent Lucy to school with a packed lunch when she was going to enjoy a thanksgiving feast (see how I mixed that up?). Molly received Lucy's packed lunch, as she had gone to school without lunch due to the impending feast...

I looked on my calendar and thought I was supposed to be at a luncheon tomorrow, with a thanksgiving contribution, and instead the luncheon was today. I attended, sans contribution, and laughed with the women at how completely inept I am currently at keeping a calendar...

My head-apparently- is not currently screwed onto my shoulders properly. I am somehow coming undone!

time to get back to my incessant list making and my hourly calendar check. I got people the places they needed to be when I did those things...no more sleeping before the next day's list is rendered...And I'm going to have John check the screws that keep my head on my shoulders as soon as I see him next (when will that be? I don't know.)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear you've joined the party that we've all been to for the past 5 years! Scary place to be Huh?
Don't worry, it helps you to be more understanding of those of us who have that problem.

Gayle said...

Wow what a Tuesday...Hope you have recovered and it is a good thing you blogged about it so you can remember it and get the good laugh it deserves.

seleste said...

It's not you, it is the craziness of 6 kids and a hubby. Scouts, meals, homework, activity days, church calling, piano, groceries, meals, laundry...our brains can only take so much! (I have to tell myself that so I don't freak out that dementia is starting to kick in...)

The Wilks' Family said...

Oh Katie. Thanks for keeping it "real". I know I can relate, because I've been there too!