Thursday, November 06, 2008

A day trip alone






Most who I spoke to couldn't believe I made the trip solo, but I just had to get down there and didn't have much time to spend rummaging through all the goodies. Thanks Michele, for having my girls on a very busy day so I could wander Canton; one of the 4 reasons I was willing to move back to Texas (the other 3 reasons were Panini bakery, Snyder Plaza and the Crate and Barrel Outlet. I've hit all but Crate and Barrel, and its on the calendar!).

So I went down and wandered. I didn't even get to the flea market side, but I parused the booths full of everything from Texas art (so many lone stars and Texas flags it could make your head spin), many Christian crosses, to glittery Christmas decor and fake designer handbags. Flea market, fair food, craft bazaar and dollar store all rolled into acres of Canton Texas. And I got a few hours of it, all to myself.

I came home with a few items, pretty much all Christmas related-but just to walk and people watch. To drive while listening to NPR uninterrupted. To bite into a turkey leg for lunch without worrying about what I looked like holding the huge hunk of meat; some time alone is good for a body. At least it was good for mine.

Again, thanks Michele. Glad I got to speed through one of the few reasons Texas sounded good a second time around.

3 comments:

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

When is the Crate and Barrel outlet? I want in :)

amanda jane said...

dang, shoulda done that rather than look for quilt stores. looks fun!

Gayle said...

Glad you had some time alone! Wish I had been with you though, what a great place to wander. Reminds me of the place my Mom and I found the just righ lace to make my wedding dress. How fun.