Monday, September 21, 2009

Laying Texas to rest


This morning's phone call was a great relief and also bittersweet. Our real estate agent, who happens to be my former running partner, my mentor and all around dear friend, called to inform us that our home is sold. Closed and Funded, Pacer way no longer is an address we own...it is a place in our past.

The relief is immense. Tender mercies, seen in hindsight, have been mercifully showered upon our family. My testimony of the Lord's timing-which was made sure with the adoption of our daughters and the experiences of past moves and adventures, is now to a point of unwavering. While I desperately wished for the timing of the sale to be sooner and the price of the home sold to be higher, I can see how Heavenly means have brought our family many blessings (including the blessings of experience). Our hearts are full of thanks. Thus, the phone call that all is well and done was sweet.

And also, it was bitter. Pacer Way was a wonderful home. While we experienced trial and challenge there, we were also given comfort and peace. Our kids were blessed with great friends and a wonderful education. I was again surrounded by friends who have become woven into the fabric of who I am learning to become. My personal growth in Texas has been monumental. The independence I came to develop was empowering. The interdependence in the marriage I enjoy deeply satisfying. My love of God and Savior is deeper and more profound. My appreciation for covenants and worship in the Temple has become too tender to express. My eyes were opened to opportunities to minister to the needs of others as a way of inviting healing and power into my personal life. I am new and more because of Pacer Way. We enjoyed the beauty of nature around us there; the wide open spaces,the horses in the pasture, the power of the wind and rain, the immensity of the heat. For these reasons, and many more, we loved where we lived. And so the phone call this morning that all is well and done was a little bitter too.

Farewell to the yellow roses of Texas. So long to the long Horns and wide open spaces. We remember you with fondness, but more fondly still we remember the friends who graced our home on Pacer Way, and we truly and fiercely miss them.

5 comments:

Blue said...

i hope you never have to write a post like that about the Spruces!
♥ to you Katie-girl.

Gayle said...

Time to add another line to your profile to the left of your posts, Dear Katie. And we are glad it is Holliday Utah !

Texas was wonderful. It was just a hard ticket or drive to get there or to get you all here. I really enjoyed visiting you there, both houses and neighborhoods. It was sweet to help you with two of your new babies there. I enjoyed taking care of the kids there when you and John went away for a time. Great people everywhere. Sweet experiences in your Dallas ward. Wonderful food! I will miss going to Texas.

I hope the 8 of you can really put down roots. Especially Mason and Bryn. Let then enjoy Jr High and High School in the same schools. I think that will be really good for them.

Where ever you live is "the best place" to live if one really wants it to be. You have experienced that. We are very happy you want to be here in Utah with most of your extended family.

While we must all live our own lives and care for our own families we can do it colse by each other for a time. And maybe just hang once in a while!

It does your Mom's heart good to know you are close by for a time.
Love you, Katie! Mom

Tami said...

Yeah! I am so happy to hear that your home sold! What a great relief!

Katie said...

Can't tell you how happy I am for you that your home sold! Sweet relief to be able to close the door and move on, but I agree that it is hard to leave a home filled with love and happiness, no matter how painful the selling of it was.

Gayle said...

I can't stop going back to look at the photo you selected for "Laying Texas to rest". what a great picture! How or where did you ever get it ? So perfect for your post!