Thursday, September 04, 2008

back to..


HOMEWORK!! This, my friends, is Madi's homework assignment for Monday nights (remember the post from the other day; no playdough. It's true. I don't make it and I don't like the mess it leaves ALL OVER MY HOUSE. But, A friend sent play dough in the mail and it arrived just in time for Madi to write all of her spelling words with it!And, yes, I know she misspelled "empty", she corrected it after the photo).

*Mason has 2 pre-AP courses, plus math and social studies, so he has homework for every waking moment of his life.
*Bryn is in 5th grade, changing classes like one might do in-yea-6th grade (they start them young in Texas) so she has more of a nightly load than ever before in her school career.
*Madi has math, spelling and reading, ALWAYS.
*Porter has something to help him write, count and read every day. Which really means that I have 1st grade homework every night, if you get my drift ;)

It all adds up to me loving the library room where all their school things belong, and me going back and forth from the kitchen to the library room every 5 minutes to answer a question or check an assignment.

sigh

this time last year we were on safari. But then, once the fun Intro to Africa had worn, I wasn't just checking assignments. I was giving them; and all of the teaching that went before and after them.

I'll take the homework, thank you!



and p.s. today is a very significant day in my life (today meaning September 4, that is). Why do you think this date is important in my life? for every correct guess left in my comments I'll donate $5 to the Nie Recovery Fund...Good luck!

11 comments:

desertblue said...

Your first date with John???

amanda jane said...

my guess was going to be your anniversary - but now I am thinking I have it mixed up. don't worry I'll be back and have it right!

Kristen said...

I am going to guess either you got engaged or were married?

Tyler said...

Happy Anniversary Katie and John!

Katie said...

Happy anniversary!

The Yosts said...

I'm going to say Anniversary. If so, Happy Anniversary!

Macy said...

Hi Katie -
Is it LUCY day? Also, off the subject the whole family agrees that you are a dead ringer for Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. (We just watched it)

Gayle said...

Happy anniversary Katie and John! I remember it well. And several celebrations since. This one sounds like you will be taking a rain check for any romantic interlude you might have thought of. Kids and Homework, John and His work, they have to come first! Its a little better if the 4th falls on Labor Day. My birthday was great this year because everyone could pause on Labor Day. Usually it is just an ordinary day...like today. But I know you and I know you will find a way to make it at least a little bit special for you and John. who else matters???!

Jessica said...

Is there a song we could sing in Swedish to celebrate the occasion? :)

Dean said...

Anniversary. Woopsie, another $5. ;)

Mindy said...

Hey I knew the answer! I can't believe I missed this opportunity to prove my incredible knowledge of Graham trivia. I'll never forget the way I spent my 13th birthday! It was a day spent checking out the place I was going to end up having my wedding reception some day.:) Congratulations on the 15th anniversary!