Thursday, September 25, 2008

Welcome Honored Guests

Seven Hundred of you visited this site yesterday, I'm sure because you linked to it from Nie. I'm honored, I'm surprised and I'm flattered...

Some of you made comments. Thanks so much for those. I appreciate that words I've penned may have helped you with the thoughts and feelings already rolling around within you. I think that's a lot of what this life's about. Helping one another to hear and feel those things that let us grow and become all we are meant to be. Certainly Nie has awakened those thoughts and feelings within hundreds, over many years, and in many different ways.

I thought I'd share with you the beautiful artwork Nie crafted for our family last year about this time. I was far away, living in South Africa with my husband and children, when I emailed and begged Ms. Nie to share her incredible talent. She sweetly obliged. This is the result....




Aren't they wonderful? Not just the art; I wish you could meet the amazing little lives that are the shadows on the wall. Stephanie felt she had met them, a little, as she worked. It was an honor to have her help in creating something that reminds me often of the wonder it is to the be the mother of these...and the wife of him, the guy who's sillouhette you see next to mine.

Hope you'll remember that if you like what you read, you got the link from Nie. And if you like what Nie reads, I hope you'll remember why she knows the things she knows and does the things she does. She would want it to be that way.

come on back again. It was fun to have you!

In honor of Ms. Nie; spiritual enlightenment here.

9 comments:

Blue said...

sevenfreakinghundred Katie!?! Wowza!

I just hoped they took a moment to look around and be edified while they were here. There's food for the soul aplenty within these pages.

♥ you!

Amy said...

hello. I found you from nie's blog. I'm inspired by your story of adoption. I'm trying to hone my spirit-listening skills. Thank you for more motivation to do what is required to be receptive to the spirit. I enjoy your blog! :)

Melanie Anne said...

Hi! What a wonderful blog you have! I did conncet to you thru Nie --and I felt very inspiried! I enjoyed your beautiful commitment to you lovely family and the beautiful love for Mothering and homemaking you share! It is fun to meet another blogging friend!

Lael said...

Yep, I'm here from the link too. Enjoyed what you shared, and found your blog delightful. Thanks!

amanda jane said...

always edified. well said 'blue'. love you kate.

Tricia said...

Honored to know YOU, Katie. Thanks for the inspiration I so often need!

Writer J said...

Beautiful work :D I love how the pictures fit right in with your beautiful home :)

Nie would be proud.

Jessica said...

Wowza is right Blue, what an impressive lady, and how lucky am I to have her as my big sister, oh to be able to fill her shoes.

andrea said...

I also linked from nie. I figured if 700 people linked to you, you have the right to know who a few of them are, right?! So, now you can check 1 (me) off your list!

Your blog is great. There's definitely some happy thoughts here. Thanks for sharing your stories, thoughts, and some of your life with others. Very uplifting.