Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Relief





was the theme at our quarterly activity for the amazing and far reaching women's organization I belong to as part of my church. We get together once a quarter on a Thursday evening. We often serve. We often learn. We always "fellowship" which means "hang out"-not in a "lets gossip about our friend" kind of way, but in a "man you are an awesome girl" kind of way. I look forward to it. I embrace it as a chance to be with wonderful women and enjoy their company and their energy.

This quarter we created a "food assembly line" and made casseroles, pot pies and chilli that could be frozen as single meals. Those of us who have freezers took the prepared dishes home to store. Then when a baby comes, or a surgery, or the flu, or whatever might bring a family to a need, we'll be ready. A chance to feed another family might not seem like a big deal, but having been a family that's been fed because of having new babies and moving to new houses and having the flu I can tell you it is a sweet relief indeed.

Thanks Relief Society buddies, for showing up and serving. You didn't just serve that other gal who will get one of those yummy dinners. Your smiles and your friendship, your energy and goodness served me too.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Missing you all...your post reminded me of all the times I was served by you all. What wonderful people there are in the Flower Mound 5th Ward. Wish I could've been there!