Thursday, September 11, 2008

A look at life in the country


I went on an errand last week "out to the countryside" near our home. I drove about 10 or 15 minutes from our house to find that I was creeping down tiny roads with houses scattered hither and yawn. Many homes were tucked way back and were very close to a Lake (which lake I am not sure). I was surprised to see how quickly my suburb became Texas country. It was kinda nice.

I stumbled upon this home, and really liked its "barn mansion" mix. The French doors and wooden front door seem so invitind. Large trees dot the 1/2 acre front yard. I could see a trampoline and large play house in the expansive back yard. A seclude manner, a fun piece of someone's life to stumble upon.

Sometimes I think of what a house would be like that I might have built for our crew someday. To be truthful, I in no way expect to ever build a home. So much effort for something material. I get too wound up in what color the walls are in the already built houses we occupy. How could I possibly try not to get completely caught up in all the details of actually building our abode when just painting it is all consuming for me? Nope, probably won't ever build.

But the dreaming about it is nice sometimes. And when I stumble upon someone else's home-one they obviously designed just for them, it is fun to let that dream stew and bubble just for a little while.

happy Thursday.

in honor of Ms. Nie; spiritual enlightenment here

1 comment:

amanda jane said...

did you just call me material? ;)
loved the article thank you for sharing it. love you too!