Friday, June 13, 2008

Hot but Sweet



Our first berry picking experience was in Oregon. With the Larsons. Hi Larsons! We miss you. And I still remember the heavenly taste of Oregon blueberries in my mouth. The warm but manageable Oregon weather. The fun of picking summer off the bush with friends to share it with.

Next, in Boise, we gleaned the raspberry bushes out of our piano teacher's patch. A wonderful afternoon spent with wonderful people. Hi Goates'! We miss you. And I can still taste the wonderful tart sweet raspberries as they left the bush and hit my mouth. A lovely afternoon. A great reason to live in Hobble Creek.

Now, with the Texas heat going through us, we've experienced blackberries with our new friends the Hardy's. Hi Hardy's! So glad to know you. Weren't those black ripe berries so yummy? Even as they came off the bush-hot to the touch with Texas summer-delicious in our mouths. Staining our fingers and clothes.

Pies, ice cream, and tarts are in the making this weekend. A Father's day feast of Texas blacks. A hot but sweet excursion. A good part of living in Texas (did I just say there is something good about living here? Those must really be good blackberries).

5 comments:

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

Those look so yummy! Where did you go?

Bonnie said...

Yum!!! I love picking berries, but I love eating them 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 x more!

Katie said...

Where did you go? I would love to take my kids to get some. I love blackberry cobbler!

Unknown said...

The farm is in Arlington. Called Gnismer Farms. They both thornless and thorned bushes. There were lots of berries at a very good price. Enjoy!

Betsy said...

We just went black berry picking yesterday too! Pick- your-own berries in texas (also peaches) is definitely a good thing. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do!