Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Ideas...

One of the creative ideas from Jeni's show

I've had some big ideas about this little blog lately. I hope you enjoy the upcoming posts...my plan is to focus a little less on myself and invite you to peek into the lives of some very cool people I know.

For instance, I'd like you to get to know the people behind "Children in Need" charity. Rebecca and her band of sons were my introduction to the nation of Haiti. I'd like you to see what she is doing for others, and how my friend Jenna has helped.

I'd also like you to see some of the creative women I've admired. I'll be dropping by Jeni's show tonight, and hope to schedule an interview with her so you can see the gift she has for making something great out of something quite ordinary...

I want you to see some of the places we've been; places we went to before this blog. Sweden and Haiti and bits of Europe. Places that seeded whatever passion for home design I possess (which some say isn't much!).

Because the purpose for this blog is to show you and my posterity (and some crazy days, to remind myself) that life as a Graham is good, you'll still have to put up with a lot of personal essays and musings about whatever is on my mind. Yet, so many other people and experiences give depth and warmth to why I am the way I am, and to who I am becoming.

For now, it is just a plan. But come Thanksgiving time, I hope you help me see my big ideas take shape.

2 comments:

Sissel said...

i like your personal essays, you're such an inspirering woman! your plan for the blog sounds great. good luck! it's freezing cold here in sweden today. winter is coming up. hope you'll have a great day. love, sissel

Jenny and Josh said...

Katie, you silly goose! The things people say about your home design are words like "WOW!"
Love, Jenny