Friday, October 30, 2009

scattered thoughts for Friday...


*I think this will be the only pumpkin that gets carved this year. No worries, the kids have opted to play with friends instead of make a pumpkin mess in the kitchen; how can I complain?

*I will be at John's side this evening attending the Governor's Ball. Lest you think this is a Cinderella night, we got the invitation late yesterday-I've nothing to wear and always feel underdressed and overly practical at events like this. But it will be a fairytale just to have a date with John-be it at the Governor's Ball or the drive-thru at McDonald's. Wish me luck in the land of high heels and floor length dresses...

*I went to see a personal trainer today. One of the perks of John's current job; an on-site gym and personal training for $10 bucks a month to employees and their spouses. He "walked me through" a work out routine he has designed for me. Just the walk-through made me sore. So pathetic my lack of strength and tone. The next 3 months we'll see if I can transform this lump of clay into a more chiseled, more healthy me.

*Right now Lucy and Molly are sorting Halloween candy from last night's trunk or treat. They have organized it by color, by likeness, and by "type" (chocolate vs. sugar). It could be a long few weeks as the sugar escalates and then ebbs.

*Have a great weekend.

No comments: