Monday, October 12, 2009

The Wisdome of Charlotte...

some of the miracles I've seen

As in Charlotte's web. As the girls took in that film today I heard an exchange between Wilbur the pig and his loyal friend the web word smith. Charlotte's days on the earth are waning, and Wilbur longs for her to stay. She assures him it cannot be, an he rightfully credits her with saving his life. His child-like words go something like this;

'I'm owe everything to you. Without you I'd be nothing. All the words you wrote, I never believed I was those things. You've given me a miracle Charlotte'
Charlotte kindly responds (paraphrasing);
'All those things I wrote, I mearly paraphrased what I observed. I was not the miracle. The miracle was you.'

I thought about this little blog, the way I try to write what I observe in the people I love and the things I see in the world. I write what I observe. And in doing so see miracles all around me.

The miracle of having a husband who is devoted and caring and mine.
The miracle of 6 unique souls all calling me their mother.
The miracle of experiences in unique corners of this world.
The miracle of friendships formed and deepened over time.
The miracle of creativity.
The miracle of a system of belief that transforms and makes us new as we sacrifice to live our faith.

1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet post. I agree we are surrounded by miracles and blessings--sometimes we just need to slow down and notice & appreciate them! You seem to be really good at that!

I am not sure if you check your old comments, but I left one for you on your 'Mornings' post. I LOVE your little clipboard idea with your children. I was wondering if you would share the document you use? I would like to use it as a pattern to make my own. My email is melandboys@gmail.com
Thank you so much!!